What is meant by a PPC service?
To understand what a PPC agency does and its services, let us first understand what PPC means. PPC or Pay-per-click is a model of internet advertising where the advertiser has to pay the search engine or site a certain amount of fixed fee every time a user/visitor clicks on their advertisement. Simply put, the advertiser has to pay only when a user clicks on their advertisement. An example of PPC advertising is search engine advertising, the most popular form of PPC advertising. Advertisers bid for ad placement in search engine advertising, typically through sponsored links via search engines such as Bing or Google. Essentially, the PPC advertising model is a way of buying visits to an advertiser's site rather than organic visits. So why is PPC advertising on the rise, and what are the reasons behind its immense popularity with advertisers?
With digital marketing becoming extremely popular daily, more companies are jumping on the digital advertising bandwagon. It has led to mushrooming of advertisements for products and services to which internet users are exposed. This increased level of competition in the digital advertising medium has led to the need for a more effective and targeted manner of reaching out to potential customers. It is where pay-per-click comes in. So, what are the benefits of PPC advertising and the reasons behind its immense popularity?
Implementing the pay-per-click model of digital marketing has a multitude of benefits, namely,
- Cost effective: PPC advertising is one of the most cost-effective digital marketing models. In this model, advertisers only pay for clicks instead of reach or ad impressions making the return on investment high. Also, since it gives the clients complete control over the ad placements and targeting, it provides better control over the budget.
- Instant Results: Even though there are several methods of digital marketing to target and draw customers to a website, the PPC model is one of the most effective in terms of the time taken to deliver results. Implementing pay-per-click can fetch instantaneous results, unlike SEO methods, which are more of a long-term project.
- High ROI: ROI is high for PPC advertising since this model targets customers who are actively searching for that product or service. For instance, if the cost of paying for a particular click is $5 and the customer purchases $100, the company sees a positive ROI.
So, what is the role of a PPC agency, and how do they help in a PPC advertising campaign?
A PPC management agency will implement and look after the whole PPC ad campaign for their clients. The role of a PPC agency can be broadly divided into three steps,
- Setting up the campaign: The first and key step is to set up the campaign properly. The agency must understand its client's business goals, requirements, and target audience. The setting up process will involve budgeting, keyword research, audience demographic targeting, conversion tracking, bid strategies, AD placements, dynamic ad targets, landing page, setting up KPI parameters to track the performance, etc.
- Monitoring: Once the PPC campaign has been set up and launched, the next step is monitoring the campaign to ensure no glitches.
- Reporting: One of the PPC management service's crucial responsibilities is reporting on the ad campaign to the client. Reports are prepared and customized based on the pre-decided KPIs and regularly delivered to the clients so the client can track the campaign.
- Campaign Optimization: Another primary responsibility of the PPC management service is optimization. It involves actively monitoring the campaign and making necessary changes to make it more effective and improve performance.
What are the top signs that you need to hire a PPC agency?
The key indications that it is time to hire a top PPC agency to take charge and implement your PPC campaign are,
- Current PPC strategy is not yielding results: If your current in-house strategy is underperforming or does not yield the desired results, it may be time to outsource the PPC campaign to a professional PPC management agency. They can help streamline the campaign and make it more effective.
- Lack of resources: If your company does not have the time or the resources to hire and train PPC campaign experts or if it is not viable to have an in-house PPC campaign team, then hiring a PPC agency will be the right answer.
- Increase in advertising budget: An increase in the marketing budget does not guarantee better growth or leads for a campaign. The key is to ensure that the funding is allocated and spent efficiently. And this can be done with the help of a professional PPC ad agency.
- Rebranding: If your company is looking to rebrand or reposition itself in the market or launch a new line of products and services, it may be the right time to hire a PPC service company to help fetch better results.
- Increase in competition: If there is increased competition in your domain or sector and a flurry of new entrants, it will be wise to hire a PPC agency to help consolidate your company's position by bettering your PPC strategy.
Hiring a top PPC advertising agency is a huge decision given that it involves spending a significant portion of your marketing budget on it; however, hiring a top PPC agency can also help do wonders for your firm.
What are the benefits of hiring a PPC marketing agency?
Going with an experienced and top PPC marketing company to handle your PPC campaign can bring several benefits apart from a well-strategized and curated PPC campaign. Some of the benefits are,
- Experience and Skills: By hiring a top PPC agency, you get to work with experienced PPC experts with the relevant skills, experience, and years of experience and expertise required to pull off a PPC campaign.
- Optimization of time: Hiring a PPC agency to handle your ad campaign instead of doing it in-house can help you save a lot of man-hours and resources. PPC campaigns must be constantly monitored and optimized in terms of updating the keywords or changing the placement of ads. Outsourcing this to an external agency can help you save a lot of time and resources.
- Result driven: Deciding to do the PPC campaign in-house with your company's team may involve a lot of trial and error, resulting in an underutilization of resources. Opting to go with an experienced PPC company can help solve this problem.
- Scalability Factor: One of the most significant advantages of hiring a PPC agency is that you can scale up or scale down your ad campaign according to the needs and requirements of your business. It may not be feasible if you do it with an in-house team.
- Focus on core business: Outsourcing the PPC ad campaign can help you and your company focus on your core business activities and strategies.
Key points to keep in mind before hiring a PPC consultant
Hiring a PPC consultant to implement and manage your PPC ad campaign is a huge decision. Here are some of the tips and pointers to keep in mind before you hire a consultant,
- The Profile of the Agency: Factors such as the number of years the agency has been in business, their clients, their team, and their qualifications and experience are also important factors to be considered.
- Success stories: It is essential to consider if the agency has worked with clients and projects similar to yours and the outcomes. Client testimonials and reviews are crucial aspects to be taken note of.
- Services offered: Clients should clearly understand the services the agency provides before entering into a contractual agreement. In addition, it is necessary to understand the strategy the company will undertake and the allocation of budget and resources.
- Tools & Technologies used: It is essential to ensure that the agency of your choice is using the latest tools, methods, and technologies to implement and run your PPC campaign.
- Advanced Quote: Cost is an essential factor that needs to be considered before making any key business decision. It is always wise to go with a PPC agency that provides you with a quote in advance and a breakup of the quote, if possible so that it is easier for you to make decisions in the future.
Hiring the best pay-per-click that suits your needs and requirements can play a huge role in deciding whether your PPC campaign succeeds. Therefore, it is crucial to take into consideration these factors before going ahead with the decision.
Estimating the cost of your PPC campaign
The cost of hiring a top PPC agency to implement and run your pay-per-click campaign will depend upon several factors. For example, the determining factors of the price could be the nature and complexity of the project, the size of your company, the experience, and expertise of the agency and the team working on the project, the duration of the campaign, goals, and the KPIs of the project amongst other factors.
The billing structure can also vary depending from agency to agency. While some PPC agencies bill on an hourly basis, some do it monthly, whereas some companies charge a lump sum on a project basis. Finding a company whose billing structure works well with your finances is essential. The average rate charged by a PPC agency in the US is around $152 per hour, while medium and small enterprises spend about $ 9000 -$ 10,000 monthly to run a PPC campaign. With cost always being an important determinant, it is important to consider the factors that affect the overall cost of the campaign.